Marriage & Civil Union
The Monroe County Clerk maintains the original copy of every marriage licenses issued in Monroe County. You can obtain a certified copy of your marriage license two ways. First, you can visit the Monroe County Clerk's office at the Monroe County Courthouse during normal business hours. Second, you can order a certified copy of your marriage license online.
Getting Married in Monroe County
*** NOTICE: Please call the Monroe County Clerk's office to make an appointment to obtain a marriage license.
- The marriage license fee is $60.00 (check or credit card accepted)
- The license is good for 60 days.
- The effective date is the day after it is issued.
- Both parties will need to be present.
- A government issued photo ID is required.